compensation: DOE employment type: employee's choice non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
The Family Support Services (FSS) Program Healthy Relationships Facilitator will provide education and skills to couples and individuals in establishing healthy relationship skills, strengthening strategies for parenting, reducing stressors in the home, and guiding families in overcoming obstacles to self-sufficiency. The Healthy Relationships Facilitators will receive training on the evidence-based curricula, equipping the facilitator with the knowledge needed to facilitate classes. Through screening, assessment, and education the Family Relationship Facilitator will identify risks, promote strengths, and equip participants with the skills and knowledge needed to support healthy family relationships leading towards greater family strength and stability. This is an exciting opportunity that allows facilitators to use a strengths based approach to help families create lasting change.
Part time, full time, and/or intermittent positions available with flexible schedule opportunities. Openings are available in Santa Barbara, Santa Maria, and Lompoc. Clinical supervision available to Associate Clinical Social Workers (ASW).
Sample of Duties and Responsibilities:
• Facilitate classes, workshops, and home visitation focusing on healthy relationships utilizing approved curriculum. Topics include fun and friendship, commitment, improved communication, expectations, love styles and more.
• Support participants in developing healthy relationship skills through the use of effective communication, conflict management, and stress management.
• Conduct outreach and recruitment to promote class enrollment.
• Coordinate classes with co-facilitator and community partners.
• Participate in activities to evaluate the program’s effectiveness.
• Complete pre program evaluation to ensure the curriculum is tailored to the needs and identified risks of participants.
• Utilize assessment skills and screening tools to triage families and determine appropriate services while working in collaboration with colleagues in providing a continuum of care
• Comfortable facilitating workshops and classes to small and medium size groups.
• Ability to have a warm and empathetic interpersonal style in order to establish trusting relationships with participants.
• Available to teach between one and three evenings a week dependent on full time or part time status.
• Bachelor’s degree required in sociology, social work, child development, or related field.
• Ability to speak, read, write, and understand English and Spanish required.
• Familiarity with community resources and knowledge of family stability resources.
• Computer and Internet literacy and excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office; can adapt to using various types of software.
Classification, Hours and Pay Rate:
• Part time, full time, and/or intermittent positions available with flexible schedule opportunities.
• Pay is dependent on experience.
Family Service Agency (FSA) has long been regarded as one of Santa Barbara County’s most reliable and effective nonprofit human service organizations. Our mission is to strengthen and advocate for families and individuals of all ages and diversities, helping to create and preserve a healthy community. Our programs, which serve more than 25,000 people annually, combine clinical expertise, bilingual and bicultural staff, and close collaboration with other agencies.
To apply for this position, it is highly recommended that you submit both a cover letter and resume. Please reply to this ad, and/or you may also send your materials to:
Family Service Agency
123 West Gutierrez St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers