compensation: $13 per hour employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
At Hotel Cerro we have developed a more equitable Food and Beverage concept, new to the Central Coast. Currently adopted in other parts of the US we believe this to be the evolution of our industry. Appreciating and rewarding the efforts engaged by every member of the F&B team, results in each individual participating in the benefits. When each individual looks outside of themselves to work as a team, we create a superior guest experience.
Provide exceptional service and elevate the experience of every Hotel Cerro guest and every patron that you come in contact with. Be familiar and maintain strong knowledge of the food and beverage menus in our outlets so you may answer any and all questions and concerns. Be aware of customer presence at all times so you can accurately and adequately attend to all guest needs regardless if it’s a beverage order or dropping off food. Guarantee smooth and efficient service on each shift you work and help your team exceed guest expectations. At all times maintain a clean, organized and sanitary work environment. Maintain rapport with your guests while being able to anticipate the guests needs and respecting their boundaries.
Duties and Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
• Check your schedule so you know what outlet you will be scheduled in that shift
• Understand that your manager can start you in one outlet and move you to another
• Our food and beverage department as a whole is a team and you will need to help where it is needed
• Coordinate with AM/PM Sous Chef
• Welcome guests and promptly attend to tables
• Take food and drink orders accurately and notify the kitchen of orders following department procedures
• Clear and reset tables once guests have left
• Clear all unused and dirty dishware and glassware from tables
• Assist in the organization and cleanliness of all on-site dining areas
• Share your menu knowledge to assist guests with questions and special requests
• Oversee maintenance of all beverage stations, including inventory and restocking supplies
• Serve meals to guests, collect guest trays and respond to guest requests in a timely, friendly, and efficient manner
• Return to each table within establish time frames to check quality, take orders for additional food or beverage items, ring additional orders into POS
• Perform order taker duties and answer room service telephone, as needed
• Exercise strong customer service and communication skills
• Follow local Health Code and Guidelines to ensure safe and quality products
• Working knowledge of modern service standards
• Flexible in terms of working hours and schedules
• Able to endure long periods of standing, walking and lifting up to 45lbs
• Familiar with using Point-Of-Sale system
• Coffee/Tea/Espresso Machines, if applicable
• Food Handlers, within 30 day of hire
• RBST Certificate, within 30 days of hire
• Hotel F&B experience helpful
• 6-month restaurant experience
To apply for this position please send a resume and cover letter, preferably in PDF format to the link above. Given the volume of candidates, only qualified individuals will be contacted for interview.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers